Here’s an another resource offered by the YMCA of the North for new immigrants seeking help with referrals to social services, employment, medical assistance and more. The YMCA’s New American Welcome Centers and Refugee Hubs support immigrants through integration services, community partnerships and strategies to build cross-cultural understanding.
The Y’s Welcome Centers and Refugee Hubs are located at St. Paul Eastside, Blaisdell, Burnsville, River Valley, Emma B. Howe in Coon Rapids, Ridgedale, and University YMCAs.
Among the services provided are:
- Family well-being inventories
- Referral to Immigration, employment and cash assistance
- Community orientation workshops
- Public Assistance navigation and direct assistance with applications
- Child care
- ESL courses
- Housing search and energy assistance
- Driving license application and driving classes
- Elder care and more
Get more information from Ali AlGhafilee, the Y’s family support specialist, at
email@example.com, (612) 465-0596.