Here’s one for the medical interpreters in your organization — the first National Healthcare Interpreter Certification Summit, set for October 12 in Minneapolis, and sponsored by the Certification Commission for Healthcare Interpreters.
Conference events, which are available both in person and via the web, include:
- A keynote addresses on The Impact of Federal Policy on Language Access in Healthcare: Where are We and Where Are We Going? and The Medical Interpreter’s Professional Identity and Role in Health Care
- Professional Challenges for Interpreters
- Challenges of Training Interpreters
- Challenges for Language Services Companies
- Challenges for Associations of Interpreters and/or Translators
- Language Access and Policy Challenges
- Technology in Interpreting and for Interpreters
- Future Paths for Interpreter Certification
Cost is $10. Get more information and register here.